E-mail MeCharlene A. Caldeira
Charlene A. Caldeira joined Kajko, Weisman, Colasanti & Stein, LLP as a partner. She came to the firm with over 14 years of litigation experience in the Boston area. Ms. Caldeira has established herself as a premier family law and appellate attorney in Massachusetts.
Ms. Caldeira has extensive experience in a wide variety of family law issues and has focused her practice in family law since 1999, after she clerked for the Honorable Justice Neil L. Lynch of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court. Ms. Caldeira also focuses her practice on appellate law and has co-authored the 2nd Edition of Appellate Procedure of the Massachusetts Practice Series. She also taught Family Law as an adjunct professor at New England School of Law and continues to lecture and chair numerous Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Seminars.
Ms. Caldeira has handled complex family law matters including custody disputes and divorces with marital estates valued over three hundred million. Her practice encompasses all aspects of domestic relations matters and litigation including:
- Divorce proceedings involving high net worth individuals, family businesses (including S-Corporations), complex assets, trust assets and inherited assets
- Custody proceedings including intra-state removal and inter-state removal, allegations of substance abuse, allegations of physical and sexual abuse, false allegations raised in the context of custody matters, and allegations of parental alienation
- Modification Actions of alimony, child support and custody
- Defending and obtaining 209A Restraining Orders
- Negotiation and preparation of pre-nuptial agreements, post-nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements
- Collaborative Law
Additionally, Ms. Caldeira has been co-counsel on several Appellate cases, including the United States First Circuit Court of Appeals case Whallon v. Lynn, 230 F.3d 450 (2000) and the Appeals Court of Massachusetts cases, Britton v. Britton, 69 Mass.App.Ct.23, 865 N.E. 1174 (2007) and Akinci-Unal v. Unal, 64 Mass.App.Ct.212, 832 N.E. 2d 1 (2005).
Ms. Caldeira has been named as a Rising Star in Massachusetts and New England's Super Lawyers Magazine/Boston Magazine in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010.
In addition to teaching Family Law as an adjunct professor, she has been a faculty member on Suffolk Law School's Advanced Legal Studies program entitled “Difficult issues in Child Custody Cases.” Ms. Caldeira has also most recently chaired the MCLE seminar entitled "Advocating & Drafting under the New Alimony Reform Legislation." She has also chaired the MCLE seminars entitled "The Child's Voice", "Crafting an Effective Parenting Plan" and "Single Justice Practice". She has also served on the faculty at the MCLE's Family Law Trial Advocacy program for several years.
She has also made multiple broadcast appearances where she discussed various family law issues including MYOB The Radio Show, Mind Your Own Business (Feb 2011) and the Law Line with Attorney B.J. Krintzman (Dec 2009).
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Collaborative Law
- Massachusetts, 1998
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1998
- Bridgewater State College, Bridgewater, Massachusetts
- B.S. - 1994