E-mail MeJulie R. Hess
Julie R. Hess is a partner in the Lexington office of Kajko, Weisman, Colasanti & Stein, LLP, where she concentrates her practice in family law. Her practice includes the representation of individuals involved in some of the most difficult of life's transitions, including divorce, paternity actions, modification of agreements and judgments, custody disputes, prenuptial agreements, enforcement proceedings, and restraining orders.
To serve clients with the utmost quality representation, Ms. Hess draws upon her many years of litigation experience and her training as a conciliator to reach the best possible result for every client. Her analytical approach and hard-earned reputation for integrity and discretion ensures quality results, keeping the client's best interest at the forefront of her practice. Ms. Hess believes that zealous advocacy combines an understanding of the law with a creative use of intellect, negotiation, reasoned decision-making and effective implementation of experts.
Ms. Hess has been honored in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2013 by being named a Rising Star in Massachusetts and New England's Super Lawyers Magazine/Boston Magazine, an honor awarded to only 2.5% of young lawyers in Massachusetts. She has also been appointed as a Discovery Master and Conciliator in Middlesex Probate & Family Courts.
Ms. Hess is admitted to practice in all courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the U.S. District Court of Massachusetts. Attorney Hess is a member of the American, Massachusetts, Boston, and Essex County Bar Associations. Attorney Hess is a certified conciliator and notary public.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts
- New England School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana
- B.A.cum laude
- United States and Africa on FGM: Cultural Comparatives, Resolutions, and Rights, ILSA Journal of International and Comparative Law, Vol. 10, No. 3, 2004
- Chair, "Handling Chapter 209A Domestic Violence Cases", MCLE, 2009
- Panelist, Alimony Reform, 2014
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star by Massachusetts and New England's Super Lawyers Magazine/Boston Magazine, 2007 - 2010
- Rising Star by Massachusetts and New England's Super Lawyers Magazine/Boston Magazine, 2013
- Top Women of Law, Boston Magazine, April 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Boston Bar Association, Member
- Essex County Bar Association, Member