A NUMBER OF IMPORTANT REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER PURCHASING OWNER’S TITLE INSURANCE
OWNER'S TITLE INSURANCE will not only protect you against these hidden risks that would not be disclosed by even the most meticulous search of public records by the Bank attorney, but also will pay for the legal fees attendant to the defense of your title as insured.
IT IS A ONE-TIME CHARGE. IN ADDITION, THERE IS NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR AN INFLATION RIDER WHICH IS ADDED TO EVERY POLICY AND WHICH WILL INCREASE COVERAGE AS REQUIRED, UP TO 50% IN ADDITION TO PRESENT COVERAGE. SOME OF THE HIDDEN RISKS THAT MAY BE PROTECTED AGAINST ARE:
- Fraud (misrepresentation) in connection with the execution of documents.
- Undue influence (under pressure) on a grantor (Seller) or executor (of a will).
- False impersonation by those purporting to owners of the property.
- Incorrect representation of marital status of a grantor (Seller).
- In some cases, undisclosed or missing heirs.
- In some cases, Wills not properly probated.
- In some cases, mistaken interpretation of wills and trusts.
- Mental incompetence of grantors.
- Conveyance of a minor.
- In some cases, birth of heirs subsequent to the date of a will.
- In some cases, inadequate surveys.
- In some cases, incorrect legal descriptions.
- Non-delivery of deeds.
- Unsatisfied claims not shown on the record.
- Deeds executed under false powers of attorney.
- In some cases, confusion due to similar or identical names.
- In some cases, dower or courtesy rights of ex-spouses of former owners.
- Incorrect indexing at Registries of Deeds.
- Clerical errors in recording legal documents.
- Delivery of deeds after the death of a grantor.