Attorney Tyra M. Cameron concentrates her practice in all areas of family law, and has experience with divorce, paternity, custody, support, modification, and contempt matters.
Tyra is admitted to practice before the Courts in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. She earned her Juris Doctor from New England Law Boston. She graduated from the University of Massachusetts Amherst with a Bachelor of Arts in Legal Studies.
Tyra has worked in the field of family law since college when she interned as a legal assistant at the UMass Amherst Student Legal Services Office, where she assisted attorneys in providing students with free legal counseling, advice, and representation. Prior to attending law school, Tyra worked as a legal assistant for several family law attorneys.
During law school, Tyra worked at the New England Law Boston Clinical Law Office as a student attorney, where she represented indigent clients under SJC Rule 3:03 in family law matters. She also interned for the Hon. Judge David A. Deakin, Associate Justice of the Massachusetts Superior Court, where she conducted legal research and drafted judicial decisions in both criminal and civil matters.
Tyra was an Executive Comment & Note Editor for the New England Law Review and was chosen for publication in Volume 57.
In 2022, Tyra interned for Kajko, Weisman & Colasanti as a law clerk and continued to intern with the firm throughout law school. During her time as a law clerk, Tyra assisted several family law attorneys at the firm with trial preparation, legal research and writing, and discovery responses.
Tyra works zealously and compassionately to ensure legal outcomes for her clients that align with each individual client’s needs.
Areas of Practice
- Massachusetts, 2023
- New England Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- D. – 2023
- Honors: Cum Laude; Deans List; New England Scholar Award; Sandra Day O’Connor Honors Program; and Recipient of CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in: Intellectual Property, UCC Sales & Secured Transactions, Law and Ethics of Lawyering, and Evidence & Advocacy.
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts
- A. – 2018
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude; Deans List
- Major: Legal Studies with Specializations in Constitutional Law & Social Justice
- Minor: Sociology & Criminal Justice Certificate
- A Fundamental Right to Bleed, 57 New Eng. L. Rev. 43 (2022).