Katie D. Cintolo
Katie D. Cintolo is a partner at Kajko, Weisman & Colasanti where she concentrates her practice in all areas of domestic relations including divorce, custody, child support, modification, alimony, and paternity matters. Ms. Cintolo has been in private practice for 12 years.
Before entering private practice, Ms. Cintolo served as a judicial law clerk for the Massachusetts Probate and Family Court where she worked for the Justices in Middlesex, Norfolk, and Worcester Counties, as well as the Administrative Office. During her two years as a law clerk, Ms. Cintolo assisted the Justices of the Probate and Family Court with a variety of domestic relations, probate, and equity matters.
Ms. Cintolo is a member of the Greater Boston Family Law Inn of Court, and is the President of the Massachusetts Association of Women Lawyers. In addition, she is a member of the Women's Bar Association through which she worked on legislation to establish civil and criminal penalties for female genital mutilation in Massachusetts, which was ultimately enacted into law in August 2020 (G.L. c. 265, § 60). Ms. Cintolo is also a Certified Financial Litigator and a member of the American Academy of Certified Financial Litigators.
Since 2013, Ms. Cintolo has been actively involved in the Attorneys Representing Children ("ARC") program through the Middlesex Probate and Family Court, which provides pro bono representation for children in high-conflict domestic relations proceedings. She also serves as a mentor for the Women's Bar Foundation's Family Law Project for Battered Women.
In 2012, Ms. Cintolo was named a New England "Rising Star" among lawyers in Massachusetts in The Boston Magazine. Ms. Cintolo was also named an "Up and Coming Lawyer" in 2017 by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly. This award recognizes Massachusetts attorneys who have been members of the bar for 10 years or less and have already distinguished themselves as rising stars in the legal community.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law 100%
Certified Legal Specialties
- Court Certified Conciliator, Trial Court, 2017
- Certified Financial Litigator
- Massachusetts, 2008
- New England Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- Siena College, Loudonville, New York
- B.A. - 2005
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Spanish
- Human Right's Day Panelist, New England Law Boston, 2016
Honors and Awards
- "Up and Coming Lawyer" by MA Lawyers Weekly, 2017
- Super Lawyers "Rising Star", 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Association of Women Lawyers, President, 2019 - present
- Massachusetts Association of Women Lawyers, President-Elect, 2018 - 2019
- Massachusetts Association of Women Lawyers, Vice President, 2017 - 2018
- Massachusetts Association of Women Lawyers, Secretary Member, 2013 - 2017
- Massachusetts Association of Women Lawyers, Member, 2010 - present
- Greater Boston Family Law, Member, 2014 - present
- Boston Bar Association, Member, 2011 - present
- Women's Bar Association, 2010 – present
Past Employment Positions
- Stone, Stone & Creem, Associate, 2010 to 2017
- Massachusetts Trial Court, Probate and Family Court, Judicial Clerk, 2008 to 2010
Pro Bono Activities
- Attorney Representing Children Program, 2013 - present
- Women's Bar Foundation Family Law Project for Battered Women, 2013 - present
- Women's Bar Association, Task Force to Ban FGM in Massachusetts, 2013 - 2020