Frederick A. Ou
- Associate Attorney
Mr. Ou joined Kajko, Weisman & Colasanti as an Associate Attorney in 2019. His practice focuses on corporate law and trusts and estates. He advises both domestic and international clients on venture-capital financing, private-equity deals, due diligence, and the structuring and negotiation of mergers and acquisitions, as well as all legal aspects of business formation, maintenance, and compliance, including in regard to employees and other personnel. He also advises private clients on estate-planning and related tax matters.
Mr. Ou completed his J.D. at the Emory University School of Law, where he earned the Transactional Law and Skills Certificate, and received a B.A. in history from Rice University. He is admitted to practice law in Massachusetts and New York. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Ou was an attorney-at-law at MT Law LLC, where he was one of the lead attorneys in the firm's corporate and estate-planning practices.
A Massachusetts native, Mr. Ou has performed pro bono work with the Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association and Atlanta Legal Aid. Mr. Ou has also served on the vestry of the Church of the Advent, Boston, since 2016, including as clerk from 2016 through 2021.
Areas Of Practice
- Corporate Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Massachusetts, 2013
- New York, 2014
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 2012
- Rice University, Houston, Texas
- B.A. - 2007
- Major: History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member, 2010 to Present
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Member, 2010 to Present
- Asian American Lawyers Association of Massachusetts, Member, 2015 to Present
- Boston Bar Association, Member , 2015 to Present
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member , 2010 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- MT Law LLC, Attorney-at-Law, 2014 to 2019
- Phi Alpha Delta