Modification Actions

Adapting To Changed Circumstances

If you are unable to pay support, you want to move out of state with your child, or you have any other reason for seeking a change to your current arrangement, you will need to get court approval for a modification to the existing orders.

At Kajko, Weisman & Colasanti, LLP, our attorneys represent parties in all types of modification cases, whether they involve finances only, child-related issues, or a narrow point of contention regarding health insurance. Contact us for a free, confidential consultation with a knowledgeable lawyer. We have offices in Lexington and Nashua.

Pursuing Modifications To Parenting Time, Child Support And More

Any aspect of a divorce or paternity decree involving children in Massachusetts or New Hampshire can be modified by the court if the circumstances incidental to the underlying judgment or order have changed significantly.

The following are some situations that give good cause for filing a modification action:

  • Your income has decreased or the other party’s income has increased
  • You need a ruling on how to pay for your child’s education
  • You want more parenting time with your children
  • Your employer is moving you to another state
  • You are worried that the other parent is not taking proper care of your children
  • You are retiring

We represent parties seeking modifications as well as those who wish to oppose modification requests.

Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your concerns about any modification issue.

Practicing Attorneys

Client Reviews

How May We Help You?

Pay online today!